Job TitleResource Management Analyst
Job FamilyResource Management
Job TypeProfessional & Technical
Recruitment TypeLocal Hire
Language RequirementEnglish [Essential]
Background / General description:
The East Asia and Pacific Region (EAP) has a budget of about $170 million, excluding external funds, and a staff of about 950. It consists of the Office of the RVP, six Country Departments, four Sector Departments, the Central Operations Services Unit (COSU), Human Resources Services, External Affairs Unit and the office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CASU). All six of the Country Departments are based in the field and the Region has offices in 13 countries.
EAPCA, the Resource Management Team in the East Asia & Pacific Region, supports Country, Sector, and Regional client units' work program and resource planning, implementation, and monitoring. In addition, EAPCA is also responsible for functional areas such as Country Office administration and accounting; business planning; budget and deliverables monitoring and reporting; capital budget; internal controls, including audits, SAP profiles, and information management.
Within East Asia and Pacific Region, the Sustainable Development Department (EASSD) is the biggest and high profile sector department that is fully decentralized with about 70% of the regions’ lending volume and 40% of the region’s budget. EASSD’s organizational structure consists of 10 units, each with its own manager and work program and, with most of the work program decentralized to the country offices. The Department’s management team consists of seven managers in the field, three Washington-based managers, and Sector Director with a small secretariat based in HQ.
The Resource Management Analyst (RMA) will primarily support the Indonesia sector units (EASIS and EASID) in Jakarta. The RMA will report to the Senior RM Officer in Washington (SRMO) with functional oversight of the Sector Managers in Indonesia, and will contribute to a wide range of functions including, but not restricted to business planning, expenditures and deliverables monitoring, and internal controls. S/he plays an advisory role to ensure adherence to institutional and regional guidelines and controls and to ensure that the objectives of the department and region are respected. The RMA is the first point of contact on budget and work program issues relating to the Unit. Since EAP intends to fully integrate monitoring and management of work financed using donor funds with work financed by the regular Bank Budget, the RMA is also expected to actively contribute to administration of donor funds in cooperation with the RM team, TTLs, unit TF Liaison, and VPU TF Coordinator.
He/she would work closely with the EASSD RM team, CMU RM staff, and the CAO’s office. Under the overall guidance of the SRMO and EASSD Sector Managers in Indonesia, the RMA will have the following responsibilities as described below.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Planning, Programming & Budgeting
• Work closely with the Sector Managers and the SRMO to coordinate the Unit’s work program and budgeting exercises, including quarterly and mid-year reviews, work program agreements (WPAs), and prepare work program and budget monitoring tables, flagging significant issues for the attention of the SM.
• Analyze and consolidate the CMU’s overall budget allocation from the various regional sources (e.g., sustaining, indirects, regional studies, external funds, and other revenue sources) into the work program. Advise on overall budget sufficiency by analyzing trends and completion costs under different scenarios.
• Provide substantive, relevant and timely information to the Team Leaders on the work program and budget performance, tracking costs and productivity and advising on budget implications (e.g. unit costs/performance measures, staffing, etc.)
Reporting, Communications and Liaison
• Prepare various analyses, highlighting trends and issues; Provide the management and the TTLs with monthly budget / WPA reports and expenditure projection tables, flagging major issues concerning budget over/under runs, as well as other analysis as required.
• Provide support to managers and staff in choosing, accessing and interpreting management reports available in SAP and other information systems.
• Consolidate the implementation of procedures and RM-related systems and administer RM policies and procedures, including providing guidance on new concepts, budgeting and costing methodologies, advice and interpretation, and recommending action. Ensure compliance to administrative and Trust Fund policies.
• Provide day-to-day "on the ground" client support and respond to client inquiries.
• Back up other team RM staff in the field and help trouble shoot complex issues.
• Proactively establish and maintain interface with clients, managers, RM colleagues, within EAP and outside (RM advisory, HR,).
• Assist and guide TTL on trust fund matters, help set up codes (AIS, Internal Orders) and linking codes to newly set up trust funds, resolve insufficient funding issues and request transfer of funding.
Monitoring, Cost Analysis and Cost Effectiveness
• Compile and analyze performance measurement data, including routine and ad hoc analytical reports on cost effectiveness, including corporate/network productivity indicators, and performance.
• Prepare various analyses, highlighting trends, issues and contributions to various reports with respect to the management of resources (e.g., budget, work program, unit costs/performance measures, staffing, task plan and trust fund TRS for better management of unit budget.
• Provide information and analysis to the Senior RMO and business unit managers with respect to the implementation of work programs, trust fund and projects and prepare unit costs/metrics.
Financial Control and Fiduciary Responsibilities
• Maintain adequate system of internal controls, by monitoring costs, budget, and administrative transactions; ensure institutional/CSRRM guidelines are adhered to, and contribute to risk management.
• Maintain relationships with institutional units/business sponsors (OPCS, HR, IMT, etc.) responsible for setting the policies and guidelines by which RM, in the Bank, must operate.
• Perform regular analysis on all exception reports and identify problem transactions/irregularities and resolve problems in a timely and effective manner.
• Provide advice and guidance to others on best practices related to budget and trust fund issues.
Leadership Role to Program Assistants and Transaction Specialist
• Provide advice to program assistants in SAP reporting, transaction processing and other guidance as necessary.
• Mentor program assistants in SAP such as task plan, update of milestones in the lending timetable and report running.
• Exercise, encourage and promote team spirit within the RM team.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Liaise with CASU and other RM staff within and outside the Region to discuss budget issues/resolve budget issues, (e.g., budget transfers, cross support), as well as sharing of knowledge/best practice.
• Prepare and make presentations, at seminars or retreats, on planning and budgeting issues.
• A relevant bachelor’s degree (Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business, Commerce) or Completion of the RM Board sponsored SEC program.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience related to the job responsibilities at the World Bank, or in an international private or public sector setting.
• Knowledge and understanding of business planning, work programming, budgeting and financial management.
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
• Creative thinker, quick learner and good team player with initiative and drive.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to prepare, present and discuss findings in written and oral form.
• Ability to work independently on routine issues, organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work under pressure and flexibility in handling a variety of concurrent assignments.
Integrity and Independence - Prepares accurate reports, ensuring that pertinent facts are fairly presented; shares information freely.
Statutory and other Stakeholder Reporting - Can produce pro-forma financial statements and reports; familiar with disclosure requirements and accompanying notes, and management and auditor's reports.
Internal controls and corporate procedures - Can analyze data and business processes to determine the viability of controls and procedures, and identify any issues or areas of risk.
Planning and Budgeting - Can produce standard reports and budgets, and analyze budget information; understands the entity's funding structure and sources.
Performance Evaluation and Reporting - Able to determine the information needs of users and present information that supports management decision making.
Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.
IKLAN BARIS DISINI CALL 085224731010